GHS Enterprise - news
“Visible” Quality Standard
On 26th May 2010, GHS Enterprise was one of seven faith based organisations that met with their appointed mentors at Community Matters for an intensive training day to enable them to begin work on the VISIBLE quality standard.
The seven projects represent a spread of faith groups from across the country. They include Muslim, Sikh, Hindu and Christian groups and a multifaith organisation. They are drawn from rural and urban settings stretching from the North West to far South West. Their mentors are Faith Based Regeneration Network special advisers appointed for their experience of working with faith based groups, their knowledge of organisational processes and their understanding of quality standards.
The pilot project gives faith based organisations the opportunity to trail VISIBLE. VISIBLE is a quality standard produced for and by the local community under the ownership of Community Matters. The standard takes seven key themes against which a community organisation can assess its delivery. A Visible organisation is:
- a VOICE to represent issues of local concern
- an INDEPENDENT and Politically neutral organisation
- a SERVICE provider for local people
- an INITIATOR of projects to meet locally identified need
- a BUILDER of partnerships with other local organisations and groups
- a strong LOCAL network of people and organisations
- a way to ENGAGE local people to become active in their communities